The devils weapon
I sat there paralyzed as it started to grip me. I could feel the presence so strongly. As I tried to reach for my bible it, got worse so I slowly put the word of God down. I slowly put my defense down and sat on my bed consumed.
This was the first time the enemy tried to instill intense fear into my life. And it worked. Fear is something that is used against me in a powerful way and I am learning how to pray and fight against it as I put my full trust in God.
In order to not fear we must know God personally and intimately. We must know and proclaim that He is the Most High. We must proclaim and release the testimony of Jesus out loud in our house so the spirit of fear can hear it loud and clear.
We must stand firm on His solid foundation and boldly proclaim the power of Jesus Christ in our lives. He has no rival. He has no equal. His name is powerful and that is something the devil doesn’t want us to believe.
Today I want to keep it simple. I know that I am not the only one who struggles with fear. I know I’m not the only one who gets attacked by fear. I know I’m not the only one who while standing against this spirit anxiety comes over me like a heavy blanket, trying to make me back down.
The word of God is our weapon so today I am going to give you some ammunition. I am only going to give you a sliver today, but I encourage you to make a “war binder” and gather scripture for specific purposes because I guarantee you will need them sooner than later.
The devil is strategic against us. It’s time for us to be strategic and specific against him also.
15 Verses to help you fight fear
- He Himself will deliver you from the hunter’s net, from the destructive plague. He will cover you with His feathers; you will take refuge under His wings. His faithfulness will be a protective shield. You will not fear the terror of the night, the arrow that flies by day, the plague that stalks in darkness, or the pestilence that ravages at noon. Psalm 91:3-6
- For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment. 2 Timothy 1:7
- For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father!” Romans 8:15
- There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. So the one who fears has not reached perfection in love. 1 John 4:18
- The one who lives under the protection of the Most High dwells in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1
- no harm will come to you; no plague will come near your tent. For He will give His angels orders concerning you, to protect you in all your ways. Psalm 91:10-11
- Don’t fear sudden danger or the ruin of the wicked when it comes, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from a snare. Proverbs 3:25-26
- and you will be established on a foundation of righteousness. You will be far from oppression, you will certainly not be afraid; you will be far from terror, it will certainly not come near you. Isaiah 54:14
- in God I trust; I will not fear. What can man do to me? Psalm 56:11
- Even when I go through the darkest valley, I fear no danger,for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff—they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Psalm 23:4-5
- Be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24
- “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful. John 14:27
- The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom should I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom should I be afraid? When evildoers came against me to devour my flesh, my foes and my enemies stumbled and fell. Though an army deploys against me, my heart is not afraid; though a war breaks out against me, still I am confident. Psalm 27:1-3
- Therefore, we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? Hebrews 13:6
- You are to regard only the Lord of Hosts as holy. Only He should be feared; only He should be held in awe. Isaiah 8:13
Print these out and meditate on them day and night. Every time you feel that fear starting to consume you declare theses verses out loud over your life. We have His word which is sharper than any two edged sword. Use it, It will protect you and strengthen you.
Today I journaled Psalm 91 using the creative retreat May kit. The first thing I did was lay down white paint with a credit card. Then I took a baby wipe and smeared some yellow and pint paint down. Next I spelled out “fear not” with these scare letter stickers and spelled out “you are higher” and “strong tower” with the sticker sheet. I then stamped Jesus above those. I tapped by page with the “praise” stamp and “Jesus” sticker then I put the heart stickers on. The last thing I did was journal a little prayer and splatter black paint to finish it.
Don’t forget to date your page!
Memorize Psalm 91
The Protection of the Most High
The one who lives under the protection of the Most High
dwells in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.” He Himself will deliver you from the hunter’s net,
from the destructive plague. He will cover you with His feathers; you will take refuge under His wings. His faithfulness will be a protective shield. You will not fear the terror of the night, the arrow that flies by day, the plague that stalks in darkness,
or the pestilence that ravages at noon. Though a thousand fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, the pestilence will not reach you. You will only see it with your eyes and witness the punishment of the wicked.
Because you have made the Lord—my refuge, the Most High—your dwelling place, no harm will come to you; no plague will come near your tent. For He will give His angels orders concerning you, to protect you in all your ways. They will support you with their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the young lion and the serpent. Because he is lovingly devoted to Me, I will deliver him; I will protect him because he knows My name. When he calls out to Me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble. I will rescue him and give him honor. I will satisfy him with a long life and show him My salvation.
*All Scripture taken from HSCB translation
Friend If you struggle with fear I am here to tell you to fear not. Jesus is the most high and He is your strong tower. He is your refuge and your fortress. I recommend memorizing psalm 91 so it will be in your mind to recite when you are attacked with fear.
Lord Jesus you are higher and mightier than all principalities and dark forces of this world and of the spiritual realm. I will dwell in your shelter and embrace your perfect love which casts out all fear. you are my refuge and you are my dwelling place. I trust you Lord to bring me through. Forgive me when I have not put my full trust in you and have allowed fear to consume me. You are the Holy One and you alone are the only one I will fear. I rebuke the spirit of fear and renounce it from my life. I submit my mind and ways to you Jesus. Thank you for your faithfulness and thank you for your salvation. In Jesus name Amen.
About the author
Finn is a wife and a mother of two, whos heart is to encourage women to be vessels for the Lords light even in the midst of dark valley seasons. She is passionate about God and she is passionate about sharing His word with others. If you were encouraged by todays post you can find more of Finn at:
Pinterest Valleys Of Light
Facebook FINN RUBY @valleysoflight